Build

Grow

Love

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Anticipation


I  am not very good at waiting.  Everyone keeps telling me now that the framing has finished, the rest will go fast.  Well, I am not sure if it's the growing excitement of the upcoming holidays, or if it's just that I am growing increasingly weary of our little mouse house.   Maybe, its a combination of the two.  I was in a particularly bad mood last night.  Why you ask?  Well, because I went to watch a Christmas special on TV, but it just didn't feel right without the twinkling lights of a Christmas tree.  Yes, I made my felt Christmas tree and Activity Advent Calendar, and that does give our mouse house a festive feel.  It's just not the same.  I miss the smell, I miss the ambient lighting, I miss the glitter of the lights off glass ornaments.  But its not just the Christmas tree that I am missing, is it?  No, it's not just the lack of Christmas tree.   My annual baking spree is affected too.  I am limited in counter space, limited in storage space and limited by my appliances.   I miss my kitchen aid mixer!  (Insert tiny violin here). There are several other holiday traditions, that I have had to put on hold for another year.   I am tired of putting everything on hold.  I am impatient!

So, while I was hoping that the holiday season would keep me merry and bright while I wait for the house, I think instead, it has made me a bit of a grump, not quite a Scrooge or a Grinch.  I still love the Christmas season.  It just doesn't feel the quite right. 

If I can just find the patience to get through the next week, I know I will feel differently.   I start my vacation, and the Christmas tour to visit with all the Grandparents. 

3 comments:

  1. <3 Xmas Grump, 3 Ideas for you:

    1) Go get a real wreath. It won't take up much room and you can hang it on the INSIDE door. It will make your space smell yummy, too.

    2) also, you can go to Lowe's or Home depot and get the extra parts that they chop off of the trees and just place them in a basket

    3) put the small clippings in a small bowl with water and put a candle underneath (I actually use one of the 092830498 fondue pots people got us one year when it was all the rage)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas! Thank you! I think I will be making a trip to Lowe's today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fondue was all the rage during our lifetime? ;)

    ReplyDelete