Build

Grow

Love

Friday, August 16, 2013

A Gift of Time

Being on leave from work has given me a gift, the gift of time.  Each weekday morning I get to wake my little man up, watch cartoons and make breakfast with him.  Some mornings we even have time for simple pleasures like cooking eggs together.  He loves to crack the eggs.  Not every morning is sunshine and rainbows.  Sometimes my little  man wakes up grumpy just like anyone else.  Either way, a morning full of grumps or a morning with a sunshiny face, I get to enjoy the morning without that harried, rushed feeling of needing to get out the door so that I can get to work on time.   We don't have a long leisurely morning, Little Man still goes off to "school", but those 30 minutes are a gift that I need to remember to treasure.



No comments:

Post a Comment