Build

Grow

Love

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Keeping Busy

My due date is creeping closer and my to do list is growing!  I'm trying to steadily work on getting ready for this baby.  The good thing about #2 is that I'm not really all that worried about getting it all done before he gets here.  I have baby blankets, burp cloths, bibs and sock in piles on the nursery floor.  I need to start running them through the wash, but I'm not so motivated to do that until I can figure out where they will go.  This has led me to search Craigslist for dressers or dresser/changing table combo.  There are plenty out there, but do I really need a dresser/changing table combo?  Is that a waste of money?  In a year or so I'll just be changing him on the floor anyway.

I brought down all the bottles & bottle accessories this morning, I'll boil/sterilize them and find a home for them in a cabinet. I'll get to those later... For now, I'm still on the couch, trying to teach myself to crochet and trying to fight away some of the blues.

I'm not really sure why I'm feeling blue.  I think maybe part of it is frustration with my physical limitations.  Bending over is comical.  Getting up off the couch or bed is a struggle, and doing any sort if physical exertion (grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning...) for longer than 30 minutes is exhausting and results in contractions.  Most of the time, I feel ready to no longer be pregnant....but soooo not ready for this baby to be here.  I miss my friends, my coworkers and my family.  I miss being social.  I miss seeing my feet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment